- Assorted/Mixed nuts: Nuts make for an excellent, wholesome snack, offering an optimal blend of beneficial fats, protein, and dietary fiber. They’re associated with a myriad of health advantages and are highly satiating. Research indicates that incorporating nuts into your diet in moderation could support weight loss efforts. Given their calorie density, it’s advisable to limit your intake to approximately 1 ounce or 1/4 cup.
- Red bell pepper with guacamole: Combining the nutritional benefits of red bell peppers and guacamole is a smart choice. Red bell peppers are packed with antioxidants, while guacamole is a nutrient and mineral-rich delight. When you enjoy 1 large red bell pepper with 1/4 cup (60 grams) of guacamole, you get the best of both worlds without exceeding 200 calories.
- Greek yogurt and mixed berries: Greek yogurt and assorted berries: Greek yogurt boasts abundant protein, while berries rank among the top antioxidant-rich choices. Combine an assortment of differently hued berries with your yogurt for a diverse nutrient infusion, accompanied by a medley of their sweet and tangy tastes.
- Apple slices with peanut butter: Apple slices paired with peanut butter offer a satisfying combination: Apples deliver fiber, while peanuts contribute healthy fats, plant-based protein, and more fiber – an ideal blend of filling nutrients in a snack. This fusion results in a delightful, crunchy, and creamy treat. Find a variety containing only peanuts and salt, with no added sugar.
- Cottage cheese and fruit: Cottage cheese is rich in satiating protein, offering a substantial 25 grams per one-cup serving. Combining cottage cheese with fruit enhances the protein and fat content of the cheese while incorporating the fiber from the fruit, resulting in a delightful, creamy, and satisfying snack. Try it with tropical fruits such as pineapple, papaya, or watermelon.
- Celery sticks with cream cheese: Celery paired with cream cheese makes for a timeless low-carb treat those aids in satiety. This dynamic duo delivers a satisfying, fiber-rich snack, melding the crispness of celery with the creaminess of cheese.
- Kale chips: Kale is incredibly healthy, as it’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and minerals. Kale chips are a great alternative to potato chips when you want something crunchy and salty.
Select nutrient-dense snacks, low in added sugars and unhealthy fats. Eating healthy snacks can help manage hunger between meals while providing essential nutrients for your body.